Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Blog Hop Is On!

Welcome to this month's Blog Hop! We are a group of scrapbookers who want to share our works of art with the world and inspire everyone to try a little scrapbooking of their own! Whether you are starting here at my blog, or have arrived here from Carol's blog, welcome! Take a look around my blog and check out this month's blog hop project. I've made a beautiful card and 2-page layout using the patterns found in CTMH's newest how-to publication, Make It From Your Heart.  The supplies I used are listed below. So please, enjoy my blog, and enjoy your time spent checking out everyones work. Feel free to leave a comment as you hop your way through this month's blog hop. When you are finished here, you'll be moving on to Deb's blog at http://paperhugz.blogspot.com/.




This cute little card was made using the Florentine paper pack, plus some cocoa cardstock. I used the cocoa cardstock to create a sharp contrast between the blue background paper and the golden striped paper strips. I also used it to outline the banner. By varying the  length of each of the four columns, I created some nice visual contrast, and it allowed a little extra room at the bottom of the card for an additional sentiment! I also used the edge distresser to roughen up the edges of the pieces, which I think gave the card more depth and texture. A few sparkles completed the look.



This is the 2-page layout I did. Fall is in the air and on my mind, so I wanted to incorporate a fall like theme in my layout using leaves and flowers and a bit of fall color. I've made several other layouts featuring my daughters, Sheridan and Aiyana and their cousins, and I find that family makes the best friends. These pics were taken over the course of a couple of years at various family events and the girls always get along so well - friends as well as cousins.


I think the journaling spot added a nice little touch to the layout. I used the Cricut and our new Artiste cartridge to cut the number four, and adding some fun fall flowers tie it into the rest of the layout.



By using the Color Ready Garden Wooden Shapes across the horizontal and vertical strips of paper, I connected the two pages together, while leaving plenty of room for photos and journaling.



Journaling is not my favorite thing to do, so summing it up with a few well chosen words is definitely the way to go! While I chose to hand write my thoughts about these photos, I could have just as easily used stamps, my printer, or the Cricut to journal. The possibilities are endless!

I hope you've enjoyed your time here, and after seeing all that our blog hop has to offer, find yourself inspired to dig out your own supplies and finish off a page or two! When you are ready, click here to move on to Deb's blog. Happy hopping!

Supplies used for layout:

Stella Paper Pack X7147B
Artiste Cricut Cartridge Z1790
Bohemian Assortment Z1687
Opaque Adhesive Gems in Mocha Z1333
Waxy Flax in Chocolate Z1088
Cocoa Ribbon Collection Z1316
Paradise Paper Flowers Z1710
Decor Journaling Spots Z1461
Color Ready Accents Garden Wooden Shapes Z1718
Dimensional Elements Monograms in E, V, & R Z1658, Z1675, & Z1671
Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set B1400
Colonial White Inkpad Z2168
Olive Inkpad Z2137
Chocolate Inkpad Z2111
Sponge Daubers Z726
Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 9035

Supplies used for card:

Florentine Paper Pack X7153B
Florentine My Stickease Assortment X7153C
Cocoa Cardstock X5642
Liquid Glass Z679
Sparkles in Blue & Green Assortment Z1327
Cocoa Inkpad Z2114
Edge Distresser Z1297
3-D Foam Tape Z1151
A Little Thanks Stamp Set D1444
Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 9035


4 comments:

  1. What a great layout and card!! Totally amazing! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love the colors and patterns. Thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Stella paper and the journaling spots. I absolutely love the distressed look of the card. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice card and layouts. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete