Friday, October 26, 2012

New Storage Cabinet

So it's time to finish construction in the basement, which means a big, big mess in my house. We've had construction companies coming through to give us quotes to finish the bathroom, all outrageously high, plus we've started work on the things we can do ourselves. I didn't think we had a lot left to do, but once you start writing a list, it sure looks endless! Replace the floating floor and remove ceramic tile by patio door; install 3 doors; trim doors and windows and baseboards; paint everything; and then there's the bathroom. That needs everything! So we finally found a plumber who can help us (yeah Ron!) and he knows an electrician who can maybe help us, too, so we're on our way.

One of the things we needed to do was to move a storage cabinet from the laundry room into the family room. It's one of those white laminate things you buy at Home Depot. Not so pretty to look at, but it's got a ton of room for storage, so I can't let it go. So here's what I did to spruce it up enough for it to live in the family room. I think it turned out great!
I used a wall decal from StickerBrand (through Amazon), in a silver color, since the walls will eventually be painted a soft purple color, and it was so easy to apply! I think I might have to add another one to the bottom of the cabinet, and then I might go a little crazy and start adding them all throughout the house. The large wall in the stairway, the master bedroom, .... StickerBrand had so many images to choose from, in a great variety of sizes, and their pricing was amazing. I'm so happy with the finished product.


1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing. Yes, I can see one coming up from the opposite corner. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete